When it comes to home buying, realtors always say, “Location, Location, Location.” So what do we say when it comes to product or service reviews? “Research, Research, Research!” This is the best way to do your due diligence to avoid “buyer’s remorse” for ourselves, and the potential customer or affiliate.
Many of us tend to go with the impulse buy when those bright and shiny things darken our doorsteps, but resist the urge to splurge until you’ve checked it out. With all the brilliant marketers and marketing campaigns out there to draw you into that miracle product or service, you may have a battle in store for you. Again, take a breath, a step back, and a good look. Haven’t you heard, “Patience is a virtue.” When it comes to product review we want quality, again for ourselves and our potential client.
These are questions to ponder as you look at each item or service:
- How does the cost compare with similar products?
- What are the advantages of the product or service?
- What are the disadvantages?
- Is the product/service easy to use or assemble?
- Are the instructions written clearly and easy to understand?
- Is there a customer service number or e-mail address for support issues?
- What is the return policy, if unsatisfied?
- Would you recommend this product/service to someone else?
- Why or why not?
There are several good ways of checking value by looking online or offline at different places:
- Go to Google and research your item
- Go to Amazon
- Try eBay
- Ask a friend or family member
- Go to a local grocery or department store, if they carry your product
- Try ClickBank
My son says he reviews products on YouTube. Well, that’s a new one for me for product review, but one to consider.
Also remember when buying, some sites have return limits for products. If you continually buy and return, you can be blocked from any future buying. Many companies consider this abuse, so be really sure before you buy.
After you’ve researched these issues, then narrow the products or services down to one or a few, and go for it. Write your article/blog on your product or service review. Don’t forget to touch on each question above, and write a good summary. Everyone wants to know the ins and outs of the items you’ve reviewed. If you’ve been diligent, you can be confident to sign your name to it.
Happy review to you.
For other physical, or non physical product/service internet review site tips, check out: http://www.internetprovider.net/internet-service-awards-product-review-tips/