The Golden Rules of Customer Service
1. Know your products
It’s so important to know your products and the benefits of them. The better you know them, the more informed your customer will be.
- All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
- Proverbs 14:23
2. Pay attention to your customer’s needs and be ready to meet them.
Knowing how to meet your customer’s needs will want them coming back to you for more.
- Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
- Philippians 2:4
3. Make the extra effort for your customer.
You only have one chance to make a good impression, and how good it will make you feel when you know that you’ve done your best.
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
- Colossians 3:23
4. Be respectful
Everyone wants to be treated with dignity. This will go a long way with your customer.
- Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.
- 1 Peter 2:17
5. Be Genuine
Connect with people in your own way by being yourself. Fake shows through really well.
- For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,
- 1 Timothy 4:4
6. Be honest
Why would you even go here? This is one that may come back to bite you if you’re not. A genuine connection is the best one to make.
- The integrity of the upright guides them, but the crookedness of the treacherous destroys them.
- Proverbs 11:3
7. Give credit where credit is due
If you have an associate helping you, help them to shine also. We all need to feel appreciated, and if we have the sense that we are, we work better as a team. You want your customer feeling as if this is the only place to come.
- Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor
- Romans 13:7
- Zechariah 8:16 These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth to one another;
(and gain respect from your customer)
Since we are talking about being honest, respectful, and giving credit where credit is due… read these two amazing blog posts where I got these ideas from….
Click Here… for great products!